collage banner

collage banner

Monday, October 6, 2008

I love being a Mommy!



So, I'm still pretty new at this mommy stuff, but I'm loving it so much! There are times when it is tiring and it can be frustrating, but those all pale in comparision to the great things about being a mommy... here are some of my favorites...

* cuddling Allie when she's sleepy
* feeding her and listening to the noises she makes as she drinks her bottle
* watching her kick and move when she lays on her play gym
* seeing her study me and daddy and wondering what she's thinking
* having her smile at me (and at daddy...) very cool feelings!
* giving her a bath and watching her face as she is totally enjoying it
* seeing her explore her world

* watching her get loved on by her grandparents and aunts and uncles
* watching her and cousin K interact
* getting her out of her crib in the morning when she's all happy and smiley
* holding her - just because I can and feel like it- even though there are a million other things I should do while she's sleeping. :)

*taking her places with us- and enjoying the newness of being a family of three!
* being home with her during this time of bonding and growing. I'm LOVING this!!!
* watching her as she is starting to take in more of her world- watching the dog play, and wanting to sit up and look at things around her. too precious!

*seeing what God is doing and how He's orchestrated this whole beautiful miracle! She is such an answer to prayer- and I'm still in awe that she's here and that she's ours, and that we are so blessed! It still blows me away how beautifully He's brought everything together! There are many, many times when all I can say to Him is "thank-you!".

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I love watching you be a mommy! The joy in your face is always so evident! Watching you and Angie is just so amazing and exciting to see the love for your babies. What an amazing testimony!

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful mommy. I just love seeing how happy you are and the glow on you face when your with Allie or talking about her. She is the luckiest little girl to have you both!

Anonymous said...

You are a great wonderful mommy! I love seeing your radiant glow as you hold your baby Allie.
Give her a hug from me.
K