collage banner

collage banner

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Gearing Up for More Change

Well, all good things must come to an end....eventually. Although, this isn't an end, it is just another beginning. Mommy is preparing to start back to work on Monday. (Ugh, blech, and waah... just a few of mommy's thoughts on the matter.)

While I would LOVE to be able to stay home with our little peanut, it isn't realistic at this time in our lives. We need the money and it just isn't possible at this time. It is our responsibility to provide for Allie and our little family, and this is how it will work for now. Allie will be in excellent hands with her Nana and Grammie. We are thankful that Nana and Grammie will be able to watch her. We think that they are really excited about this time too. I am sure that the first few weeks will be a huge adjustment, (and could get tiring, stressful and frustrating at times,) but we are choosing to try to have a good attitude about the whole transition. I have to go back, we've known this all along, why make it more difficult.

I will still try to blog, but it sadly won't be every day. Especially at first. Hang in there with us. We could use your prayers as we begin yet another new transition. There are certainly mixed feelings. I want to be here to see all of Allie's experiences and to be the one to care for her, but I also think that it might be good to have her have time with her Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles too. Plus, everyone says that I'll enjoy the adult time. (I've got some pretty amazing friends who are really excited to have me come back- what a blessing!) I know that we will be fine- especially after the first (tough?) few days. God has been amazing and has blessed us in unbelievable ways this far, we've no reason to believe He will stop now. Thanks for following us during the first ten weeks of our little Allie's life with us. We've been so blessed! Your prayers for us, and Allie have been felt. Adjustments and transitions have been so smooth and we are counting on this one going well too. We understand that it might take awhile till everything feels comfortable again, but we'll get there eventually. Thanks for your love, your prayers and your excitement for our little family. Stay tuned! :) This is another new beginning. :)
Love,
R and D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh..........Danielle. I know how you're feeling. I will pray really hard for you. It is hard leaving them (even into capable loving hands) but it is such a fantastic feeling rushing out of school(don't you dare stay until 5:00) and seeing your child's expression when you return to pick them up.
Also, you will be soooooo busy during the day that you won't have time to think about Allie........much.
Take care,
K

Anonymous said...

Danielle you will be fine. Allie couldnt be in better hands (other then her parents =) She will be fine, you will get through!!! I am praying for you guys!!! Good luck and I am sure the kids are excited to see you along with all the teachers!!