So Allie's calendar that I made just wasn't working well. It kept falling apart, and just was so big and combersome. I kept her going with it for most of the month of September, and then we just kept forgetting to do it. So I made her a new one, and hopefully it is better... :) It seems easier than the other one so far- as far as durablity. I had used velcro on the other one, and it wasn't the peel and stick kind- but I used hot glue. It kept coming off and the velcro wasn't sticking. Then the scrap paper that I had on the backdrop kept coming off too. So much for that. So I used these little closepin clips I had- and twine, and made new days of the week and months of the year tags. I also made a new calendar and laminated it....so now we can use dry erase markers on it. (that was the other thing- the shapes kept falling off of the other calendar for each date...what a mess!) (Live and learn I guess. :) ) I used an old bulletin board that I had in my room growing up, and staples.
So- here is the revised version.... I like it so much better!
Letter and number review for the letters and numbers we are working on.
Months of the year- for the calendar, and our month of the year song.... also her Bible verse she is learning.... and her season part. The picture is an old calendar that I had that shows fall leaves - and a Gracie puppy.
New improved weather. The old one had just Monday thru Friday on it. I found it on line somewhere. This one- I made so it included the weekend. When we didn't do calendar on the weekend, we got out of routine, and I think that was our downfall for the slide at the end of September. These are still velcro.Recalling what we did....focusing on remembering skill, and past events. This is laminated and we now have dry erase markers, so we are using those instead... much easier!!!!! (the yellow is just sticky notes before we got the dry erase markers!)
Days of the week- with yesterday, today and tomorrow tags that move with the handy clips... :)
The calendar- that also is now written in dry erase..... with the clippy for the month that it is. The markers still allow for colors to be used for patterns....Again- so much easier! (again- the picture was taken before the dry erase markers)
And the year- written in numbers and words.
It is all about trial and error right? :) Loving this so much better! :) And it still is purposeful and eye catching and something she asks to do! :) All the better! :)
2 comments:
Awesome!! I bet you are LOVING this time! Enjoy it! I was scrapbooking the last 2 days looking back at the last couple of years! Crazy how time flies!
ooooo Ok I am loving this. Going to need to work on getting this together for Alex. Im excited to be getting pre-school stuff for Alex all together =)
Post a Comment