collage banner

collage banner

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

An Alphabet Craft

We've been a little lax with our preschool stuff lately. Not sure why, but we're still working some little bits in here and there. This week I've picked back up and have been doing more like I should be.  I had started going through the ABC's from the beginning.  I was going through finding stuff for each letter and working on it throughout the times she asked to do "abc stuff". Yeah- she actually asks to do stuff. :) Kind of neat! 


Awhile ago,I had found this site that had power point slide shows for each letter. She had one that you could demo but the other letters you had to buy her membership. I had a gift card from a student with the exact amount left on it, and so I decided to use it for that. Why re-create the wheel- right? I had tried to do it weeks ago, but long story short- just ordered the membership officially this week. I am SO GLAD I DID!  She has a different order to her letters than we did, and so we are essentially starting over....kind of. Her slides are neat because they include a letter, number, color, shape, bible verse and sight word. There are also tons of other vocabulary introductions in the slides as well. WELL WORTH the fifteen dollars. She also has other slides and activities for her members. I usually don't pay for stuff like this....I like to make my own, and find the free stuff online...(especially now that we are on one income!) but this one is worth it. Plus, the money she "makes" goes to support her family- which is a missionary family and that is one of their incomes. I'm ok with that! :) And, the membership is a one time thing- not a yearly thing. Pay once and download her stuff and you're good for life. She keeps adding things too.... :) 


The site is one  I've mentioned before.... 1+1+1=1.  Click HERE if you are interested. :) Let me know what you think if you go for it. Allie LOVES it! :) 

Anyways- here is what we did with the ABC's we knew already.... Just a painting activity- Allie loves to paint... :)  I used painters tape to make the letters. I was going to take the tape off- leaving the tan part unpainted underneath, but it started tearing the paper.... so I decided to leave the tape on. I like the blue contrast too. I thought about hanging them on the wall in her playroom- kind of like an alphabet wall- and art display.  We only did these letters so far. She did most of the painting, but I helped too! :)  





 She wanted to make a dog on the D. I was impressed she knew that dog started with d. I thought that might help her remember... and the dog kind of ended up looking more like a cat, but oh well. She was happy with it. :)


No comments: