Monday nights are A.W.A.N.A. nights. :) Allie is in the Cubbie class and LOVES it! Cubbies is the class for three to five year olds. There are a lot of little people in the class, and it is crazy, but fun times. Mommy is helping in the class too.
Here she is on the first night back in the beginning of September.
In the class.... :)
Craft Time....she has made this visor, a Cubbie bear, an apple finger print painting, and a windsock.
Snack Time.... enjoying cousin Liam's company....:)
Play time....
They also have a puppet time and a bible story/lesson time. I had little people on my lap and all around me, so I didn't want to distract them by pulling out my phone and taking pictures...they are already distractable enough without my help. :)
Here they are....lined up ready to head home... :)
They each have a bag like this... it has their memory verse book and holds crafts to take home. It also has Allie's vest in....see below....
The first goal was to memorize the four verses below, and then they got their first book and their vest. The vest is a cubbie vest and has places to hold their patches that they earn from memorizing other verses. Allie was amazing and memorized all four verses for the second night. (she got the verses the first Monday). I was afraid I was giving her too much, but she was so good and remembered all four. She told them to one of the other helpers, so I wasn't biased in giving her credit.... We were all so proud of her!!!! :)
Here is her vest she earned for saying her four verses.
She is now in the "Jumper" book and has verses and lessons to work on each week. It is all self paced. Some of the older kids do five or six verses in one evening...others- especially the little ones just do one or two. : ) I love that they are memorizing the Word already, and tucking it away in their hearts! :)The other evening- we had put Allie to bed, and I went upstairs to get something about ten minutes later...I heard her singing, so I went close to her door... she was so precious....she was singing "This Little Light of Mine...I'm going to let it shine. Let it shine till Jesus comes... I'm going to let it shine." Oh my word! Melt my heart! It is good to know that the teachings we are giving her are sticking and she is remembering things!!! : ) Also convicts me to keep teaching and filling her with Jesus!!!! We had this conversation a month or so ago about Jesus being Alive. She asked if she could see Him. I told her that we can't see Him, but that He lives in our hearts if we ask Him to. We talked about how he is with us wherever we go. She asked if Jesus was in her heart, and I told her she had to ask him to come in her heart... So we prayed for Jesus to come into her heart. So little, and so curious. She still remembers that he lives there, and that he is with her always. :) I love it when she brings it up and says- Jesus is with me. :)
Here is her jumper patch for her vest. :)













No comments:
Post a Comment