collage banner

collage banner

Sunday, September 4, 2011

More Learning Activities

We got Allie a pair of  "safety sc.issors".  :) She was ALL EXCITED to use them! :) She had been asking for a pair and I remembered when I was out and about. I taught her how to hold them (the trickiest part by far) and she had a blast cutting up a piece of paper.  It is still tricky to keep her little fingers where they are supposed to be, but the more she practices, the better she is doing. :)  Look at her excitement. Love how into learning and doing new things she is! :) 




 I had a bunch of  F.oami.e shapes and got them out to let her play with them.  After she proceeded to toss them all over the place, I thought about how great they would be to sort.  Sorting is a great beginning skill.  We sorted the circles, squares, triangles, and hearts.  


 A good beginning math skill is to teach patterns. Basic at first and then progress. She needed a lot of help with this, but it was a great introduction.  We'll keep working on this and she'll have it in no time! :) 
 Telling me the right color that comes next... love this proud smile! She THRIVES so much on praise.  I praise her SO often because she EATS.IT.UP! I think it is so important to build her confidence- even in the little things, so that she feels eager to try more and to do other things! :) Love her reactions! :) 


A fine motor activity I saw online.  Golf tees and a foam block and round  marbles.  She has to push the golf tee in the foam and balance marbles on.  She needed help with this too, but it is a great fine motor skill. :) 





And last but not least (for this post anyways!) our  Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree.  This is a children's book about the letters of the Alphabet. You can do a U- tube search and see an animated video of the book (Allie LOVES this- we watch it often- we don't actually have the book, but this is even better because it is animated.)  I made the tree- all on my own- and we add a letter every-time she learns a new one! :) 

:)  

No comments: