collage banner

collage banner

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy Four Months Allie!


Our Little Munchkin is four months old already! Amazing! Where is the time going??


She is such a little busy body right now. She loves to see what everyone is doing. She doesn't cuddle much- except for when she is REALLY sleepy. She really knows what she wants and what she doesn't- and she'll let you know. (I thought this didn't come till MUCH, MUCH later.) She has a bit of a temper already too. How do you discourage little tantrums and fits in a barely four month old?


She gets bored very easily with the same thing. She loves to walk around and explore her surroundings. She is very curious and very nosey. :) It is pretty cute to see her interacting with everyone around her. She smiles TONS now and we've heard a giggle once... it was so cute. I'm waiting for her to do it again.



She has started eating cereal. It is getting better. She usually ends up with it EVERYWHERE! :) She gets frustrated because you aren't feeding her fast enough and will loose her patience. Once that happens, she is done with the cereal and ready for something different. We tried mixing in a spoonful of peaches today to her cereal to give it a little flavor. She ate the whole bowl! :) (And only blew it out on mommy once or twice!) :) We have to hold her hands down because she wants to put her fingers in her mouth with the cereal- and grab the spoon and feed herself.



We are feeling like we are settling into a routine more. She is such a precious little baby! I really miss her when I am not with her. She stayed in the nursery this morning at church for the first time, and I had tears as we left her. It was almost as hard as leaving her for work. I totally trust Grammie and the nursery helpers, but I feel like I am away from her every day during the week- I don't like doing it on the weekends too. Krunkle J reminded me it is only an hour. It is still hard. ;)



It is amazing how different I feel as a mommy at four months- compared to that first month. I felt like I didn't know anything then, and it was all trial and guessing. Now I have a pretty clear idea what is wrong, and what each cry means. I feel much more confident in my decisions and much more relaxed with her. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being a mommy- and I still LOVE LOVE LOVE watching R be a daddy!!! :) It is truly an awesome thing to be parents! :)



Other interesting facts:

**Allie is wearing 3 month clothing.

**She was sleeping through the night, but has recently started waking up at two am for a feeding again.

**She is in size 2-3 diapers (just barely).

**She eats every 3-4 hours (six ounces). Plus some cereal once or twice a day.

**She loves to watch Gracie, Kasie and Jasper.

**She HATES her coat and carseat with a passion!

**She usually falls asleep in the car. (Great since she hates her carseat!)

**She loves to eat her toes!

**She puts EVERYTHING in her mouth!

**She has started reaching for and grasping things that you hold in front of her.

**She doesn't like her tummy time much at all.

**She loves to be read to in the evenings. Usually we have family story time on Mommy and Daddies bed. Gracie even joins us. Pretty cute! :)

**She helps dress herself. She knows how to put her arms through her sleeves.

**She LOVES her bath and is fascinated by the water that comes out of the sprinkler hose.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe look at her little miss independent :-) It is fun watching her sweet little personality really starting to come out.

Our little family ... said...

How sweet she is! :) Getting so big that little one is! She doesn't like to cuddle anymore, huh? Oh boy then I really better eat it up now since cuddling and rocking is Ava's favorite thing to do! I'm sure you miss snuggling! I know the time really flies...Allie looks like such a fun lil baby though...temper tantrums or not :) hehe

Anonymous said...

You guys handle Allie's temper tantrums like a pro. I am so so very impressed with that! Keep up the great work because when they are two..........=)

Also, I don't know if this would help or not with Allie's cereal feedings.....but we would give e and b a spoon/toy to hold while we fed them. Majority of times this worked and other times they learned that the spoon/toy could be used to hit the cereal and really get a reaction out of mommy. =)

Hang in there. Only 2 more days until "14 Mommy days in a row".

K