collage banner

collage banner

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Party time!!

On Saturday we had Allie's birthday party. We were planning for 12 adults and five kids. I knew we wouldn't have enough room in the house, or on the back deck...so we converted the garage into a total Princess zone! :) It worked out so well!!! I'm so glad we decided to try it! We set up tables and chairs, had little picnic tables for the kiddos and had plenty of room.  My mom and dad found the awesome decoration sheets of the ballroom, princesses, and the birthday princess banner. It was all one kit for six dollars! :) Perfect!  I made texas burgers, cheesy potatoes, corn on the cob, watermelon and cupcakes. It felt like the whole evening went perfect. One of my favorite things was watching Allie see the garage for the first time... Her reaction was so precious! :) 

Here we are...getting ready while the princess actually napped! She slept for two hours! I think she was worn out from her week.  It is a good thing she slept that long...I needed the time to get the decorations up and the cupcakes filled and iced! :) 




 I made this garland...I was tickled with how it turned out. I made it in colors that were girly so that I could reuse it from year to year! :)


 Getting moral support from my sister as I do the cupcakes. It was lots of fun. I used her icing recipe and MMmmm were they good! :) 

 Mom was kind enough to make the filling for me and the icing. It helped so much! 
 The picks I made to put on the cupcakes. :) 

 Ta-da! :) The finished product! :)
 Here comes the little birthday girl... :)
 Checking out her cupcakes......
 Seeing the garage for the first time! :) Love that smile!























We had a great time...the evening went WAY too fast! It seems you plan and prepare and then it's here- but you blink and it is over! :(  I love having family all here. (Even though I stressed out about it- because I wanted everything perfect.) The weather was beautiful and we were outside all evening!!!    Allie had fun swimming and then wanted to try out that new bike of hers.... she caught on SO welll! :) That's another post! :)

No comments: