collage banner

collage banner

Friday, August 26, 2011

Clean up project

Allie girl and I have been busy the last couple weeks.  We have this room over our garage that is awesome- it  is nice and spacious- with good cupboards and workbenches. The only problems are that it isn't connected to the main part of the house- except through the garage (something we can't fix right now) and it was a HUGE MESS! (something we can fix now! :))  So I got busy. Why we saved some of this stuff I'll never know.... :)  Anyways- I enjoy seeing progress so- I took before and after photos... :) Warning- it is BAD before....how embarrassing!!!!!!!!!!!!! But the finished product is worth it! :) 
Before- as you come up the steps....
 Before- One half of the room...lots of empty boxes.....
 Before- The other half of the room- after I had started working already....
 After clearing (with daddy's help) most of the boxes away.....
 After clearing boxes away- still have junk to go through and organize and PITCH!!!!  I pitched so much stuff and probably could have pitched so much more!  A lot of this stuff on this side is my personal school stuff that I wanted to keep to use with Allie someday- or for if I go back to teaching someday.
 Another view from the first half of the room (from the before pictures)

 And....the AFTER it is all DONE..... Ahhhh! :) 
Top of the steps view....
 After- First half of the room....
AFTER- Other half of the room....
I made a little table that we can use for crafting or projects or whatever.  It is easy to move it and take it away if we need the space or don't want it. Just pieces of stuff I had up there already- making them functional. 
 Another view....
                                  

 My little handy helper.... she likes this table... :) 
 Helping me- with her sweeper. :) 
 Our trash pile....it doesn't look as impressive as it actually was.....


We also cleaned out a big closet that had been driving me nuts...it was a catch-all closet....
Before/During....
 During...stuff is EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!
After.... all nice and organized.
 Makes me happy! :) 
 Love her! She was a good little helper and enjoyed looking at everything I pulled out of the closet. She really enjoyed the keyboard and the tiara! :) She's so sweet! :) 

:) I'm loving the time to be able to do stuff like this that has needed done for so long. It feels great to get projects like this checked off the list- and to feel like I'm making progress.... daddy and nana and papa call these cleaning episodes tornadoes.... :) They happen fairly often.....they usually involve more than cleaning.... it has to be gone through- things pitched, reorganized, reminisced, and then put back - usually not the way it was before in any manner... it takes forever- but is so worth it in the end. :) (As evidenced by the trash pile this week... :) )

4 comments:

Grammie said...

You may have to come to my house and have one of your episodes. Looks great!

Anonymous said...

:) Thanks! Anytime you want help- I'll gladly come!

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with your two big cleaning projects! They look great! Ohhh what a wonderful sense of accomplishment to stand back and admire a newly organized area... (sigh)! Good work!!!
Lisa

mamahamiam said...

Thanks Lisa! It was kind of embarrassing how bad they were before I started, but I guess that is what happens when you work full time and try to keep up with everything! It is nice to be able to do things the way I should now... and I love that sense of accomplishment! :) A natural high! :)