Allie was invited to Bible School this year at one of mommy's friends church. We knew she'd most likely love it, so we decided to give it a try! I remember going to bible school when I was young, and it was always fun, and a great way to learn about Jesus. We took Allie the first night to see how it would go. It just so happened, cousin Alex was there too!
Meeting some friends and cousin Liam too.
Hugging cousin Liam
Allie's teacher. Mommy was comforted to know she teaches preschoolers for a living! :)
Sitting and listening to the opening songs.
Dancing to the worship music.
Children sixth grade down to two years! :)
Curious about the guitar I think. :) Although not as curious as the little girl on stage.... but she gets braver....The worship leader asked for some of the staff to come help with motions for some of the songs and the little girl on the stage in this picture went up too because there were other (bigger kids- who knew what they were doing...hee.hee..) up there too. So then Allie and a few other little three year olds decided to go up and dance too. I figured her teacher would pull her back down, (maybe that's what she was going to do when she stands up in the video- but then turns around and sees me with my phone- videoing- but then stops... kinda seemed like it) but she wasn't hurting anything, so it was all good... kind of cute. :) Enjoy the video.( I'm finally figuring out how to do videos! :) )
*Allie is in the green dress on stage dancing away... :)
These are two of the crafts Allie made during the week. :)
Craft time... decorating a notebook (and her cheek with stickers). :)
Doing the motions for the songs. :)
She LOVES going. She talked about it all day Monday (and then each day after)- asking if it was time to go. They have little stations where they listen to a story and sing upstairs in a classroom, then do arts and crafts, then play outside, then go back to their classroom again to do more learning.
Mommy did worse than she did that very first night.... I figured I would follow her around all evening and help make sure she was listening (she isn't quite three yet...few more days!) Her teacher said she thought she'd be ok. I left her with her class/teacher and cried the whole way out the door. Ha! And the whole way to my car, and the whole way to my in-laws house to wait for her to be done. She did way better than I did! We were there a half hour early to pick her up (and I kept checking my phone all evening in-case she needed me) and she was coming back from one of her classes with her group and she had smiles- waved to us- and then kept on going! She was having a blast! :)
I asked her what she learned about on the way home.... and she said Jesus! :)
As much as I wanted to follow her and be right there beside her, I realized it is probably good for her to do things on her own, and learn how to be with other children, and listen to other adults. :) She loves church as well, so I shouldn't have been surprised she loved this as much. I realized that we are entering a whole new phase - one where she is growing and being big- and needing to experience things without mommy and daddy always hovering over... while we will still - because she is small- once in a while is a good thing- for her and for us.... I suppose...ha! And the bonus is she was having a BLAST, learning more about Jesus- with people who have a passion for kids and teaching them about Jesus! :) Pretty safe place to take those baby steps toward being a big kid- I'd say. :) I just want to know what happened to those baby years! They have flown!!!!!!!!!!!!One of the other days I asked her what she learned and she said "Jesus had to carry a HEAVY cross. He was sad." I said well, then what happened. She said (in her excited, emphasized voice).... JESUS is ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! How cool!!! :) It amazes me that she is able to comprehend what she does and tell us this when she isn't even three yet!
This video she is doing the motions along with them to the songs. :) We talked about how she needs to watch the people up on the stage and try to follow along with them... and she should just let the big people go up on the stage. She listened- even though a few times I could tell she really wanted to go up with the other kids. :) I was proud of her! :)


















1 comment:
Good job letting her go!! They always end up better than we do!! Olivia had VBS this week too while Reid has 1 more year at our church. We had some bonding time!
Post a Comment