collage banner

collage banner

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

First Soccer Experience



Allie girl wanted to try something different at the Y.  She was doing good with gymnastics- but we agreed that a break would be nice.  She would tell you that she wants to play  ice hockey, tennis, soccer, swimming, basketball and maybe more gymnastics. :)  
She thrives on activity! :) 

We signed her up for the little soccer class.  We weren't sure what to expect but she is doing AMAZING! On our way home last week- she kept saying, "I can't WAIT until next week so that I can play soccer again!"

She is the fastest in her class (this isn't the proud momma thinking my child is better just because I'm the momma... she DOES make us proud... but she IS the fastest.)  It was hilarious because there are a couple little boys that can keep up with her but all the others just run half heartedly behind the group panting and clearly exhausted from all the chasing... :) Ha! :)  

She is good at getting to the ball and kicking it. She doesn't have a clear understanding of how you need to aim it toward the net yet- but she has only played twice. :) It will come.  For now- she just kicks it wherever it will go.  

She is doing good at learning how to dribble the soccer ball.  

She actually kicked a couple goals when she was playing a little game with her class :) Whoo-hoo Allie!!! Way to go! :) 



:) I love that it is a parent participation class.  Daddy was so excited too!!! 


Listening to her coach

Practicing her stops 

Practicing her dribbling with daddy ;) 

Her cheering section  :) 

Playing a game

:)



I had to get a soccer ball at the store to let her practice at home... can you guess which one she picked??? :) PINK! :) 
We are excited for her next class :)

No comments: