collage banner

collage banner

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Momma's Day

I am so thankful for this sweet, wild, animated, busy, ornery, stubborn, strong-willed, flower picking, blue eyed, story loving, full of pretend, dress up outfit wearing, little girl who has made me a momma.
She is a true gift from God and I am so thankful that I get to be her momma. That I get to be the one to kiss her boo-boos, and rock her to sleep, and curl her hair, and paint her toes, and teach her about Jesus, and help her discover life.  She is such a joy, and I love being her momma! :) 
 Being her momma makes me even more deeply thankful for my own momma. :) For the sacrifices she made, for the disciplining she did, for the teaching- in so many ways- for the times she prayed and continues to pray for me and my family, and for just being my best friend! :) I love my momma- and always have, but being a momma myself has helped me see a whole new side of MY momma too. :)

 And for my sis who loves my Allie like a Momma! :) She adores her- and I know that Allie adores her Auntie too! :)
 I'm thankful that my momma gets to be such a strong person in Allie's life- teaching her and loving on her. Playing with her and spoiling her. :) Encouraging and praying for her... :) I love watching their relationship and interactions! :) And I'm full of thanksgiving and love... :)
 And for my hubby's momma. :) I'm thankful that she was such an amazing momma to my hubby. For teaching him and setting a good example for him. I am grateful that  he comes from such a good upbringing and is still as close to his family as I am to mine. :) I'm also thankful for the relationship that Grammie has in Allie's life as well. For someone who plays with her,prays for her, explores with her, loves on her and listens to her and encourages her and spoils her.  :)
                                        
And for Auntie A and Auntie S... and for how they love on sweet Allie... and how they mother their kids- Allie's cousins... :)

And I am so thankful for Allie's birthmom who made the sacrifice she did and chose us to be Allie's parents! What a gift! :) We are so blessed and so thankful!! God is good!!!

Happy Mothers day- Grandma's, Aunties, and Momma's. :) 
I am blessed... and filled with thankfulness for this precious gift that made me a momma... and trying to soak up every second of this job I have of being called Mommy. :)

No comments: