Allie girl and I went grocery shopping with Nana last week. The chore is not one of my favorites, but when mom said she had to go too, we decided to keep each other company. :) We did most of our shopping at one store, and then needed a few things at another store. Since I didn't need as much, I let Allie have her own little cart. She thought she was B.I.G. stuff! WOW! She was wild- flying around like a crazy girl. We had to explain to her that we need to be careful and not run into other customers and walk- not run. It took the whole trip to get her to settle down enough to walk normal. She was so excited. :) It was a real treat to her because usually I confine her to the seat in the cart the whole trip. Otherwise my shopping time would be tripled. :)
After we had done all we were waiting in the checkout line. I handed her my lanyard of reward cards and asked her to hand them to the lady. Not even thinking, my whistle from teaching was on the lanyard. Before I realized it- there was this LOUD LOUD Screeeeeeech! (From the whistle of course). Oh my word. I was embarrassed. I didn't look at anyone- but quickly asked her not to do that anymore. Mom said everyone in the area got real quiet and looked at us. I'm sure it isn't the first or last time she will do something embarrassing, but goodness. :)
SILLY LITTLE GIRL!!




1 comment:
LOVE IT!!! Thanks for sharing the whistle story. I have a feeling you have already taken the whistle off and have stored it in a save place. =)
Karina
Post a Comment