collage banner

collage banner

Monday, May 25, 2009

On the Mend!

Two trips to the ER this weekend....
Countless changes of clothes (hers and ours) ...
Lots of Tylenol and Motrin....
One strong antibiotic....
One Chest X-ray.... (NO FUN for baby or mommy!)
Very little fluid intake... (today was much better in this area... still not normal, but we're getting better!)
Multiple creative attempts to get any fluid in (pedilite, formula, juice, water) and to stay in....
Lots of cuddles, songs, and hugs.... (didn't mind this at all!)
Lots of coughing (still there) and tough at times labored breathing....
One rattly chest when she breathes or coughs... (still there)
Lots of baths to wash away the yucky germs and distract our princess....
Multiple days of the fever (101.9 was the highest we saw -enter 2nd trip to ER)....
Lots of kleenexes to catch the runnies....
A few smiles and attempts at wanting to feel better- her little weak "hah hah" and "uhh, uhh (woof woof)"....
Lots of crys and I don't feel well whines....

= .....Pneumonia is YUCKY stuff!!!!
But we think our little baby is finally on the mend!!! Yay!
We saw more of our princess today! She was barking at us and taunting her daddy, and was finally keeping down liquids- so we know she's turning the corner! She did very well for being so sick. The doctor said she could still have a fever for 7-10 days and should stay on her antibiotics for that long as well.

4 comments:

Our little family ... said...

Oh my gosh that sounds awful--poor baby girl!! SO glad she's starting to feel better...I hate seeing them sick! :(

Aunt D said...

ya babby u r getting better. We are all praying for you baby. we love you.

Cuzin Alexander said...

Hope you are feeling better Allie, I can't wait to see you again!

Tiff said...

Haven't been on the computer in a while since I got an IPOD but I am glad Allie is feeling better! I'm sure you are relieved as well!