collage banner

collage banner

Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mommy's Day!

Here is my amazing mommy's day gift from Allie and Daddy. Daddy traced Allies hands and feet and put them into these shadow box picture frames. They have her name and the date on! How cool!!!! I love how thoughtful they are, and how meaningful it is for my first mother's day! It is perfect!! Something to cherish forever for sure!!!!! THanks Allie and Daddy! What an awesome idea!!!! I love it and you!!!!!





Well, I finally got to celebrate my first mommy's day!!! It was so much fun!!!! It was always a bittersweet kind of day for me before.... it always seemed to be a jab in the heart reminding me that I wasn't what I wanted to be most. But I enjoyed celebrating my mom and making her feel special.
Today was fun! We went to church and heard an awesome message on Parenting, then went to have lunch with my family and visited and then went to visit grammie. It was a great day! I loved just being with my family and spending time
with my little girl!
I love being Allie's mommy! She makes me laugh so much! I love her little expressions and her silly little noises. I love that she crawls to me and tries to pull herself up on my legs. I love to watch her as she is drifting off to sleep- and then hold her while she is in a deep sleep-listening to her breathing. I love to watch her play and explore her surroundings. I love to watch her with her nana and papa and grammie and gramps and her aunts and uncles. I love it when she giggles her belly laughs. I love to watch her in her bath time frenzy- splish splashing around. I love to see her get all excited when I pick up the phone to talk to my mom- she likes to listen on speaker phone. I love to hold her when she just wakes up and isn't all awake yet. I love to go in and sing to her in the morning to get her up, and to sing to her at night to put her to sleep. I love the way she looks at us and totally trusts us and needs us.
Being a mommy isn't always easy- but it is ALWAYS worth it! :) My first eight and a half months have been amazing! I'm sure the next 50 plus years will be too! :) After all, I've got an excellent example to follow! :)

2 comments:

Tanya said...

WOW.....I had to read that through tears!! How sweet that is Danielle. You are a very special mom and im sure Allie loves you dearly and always will. There will be times when she is growing up and gets upset with you over something little. Be strong and you will be fine. I am battling that right now. But I am hanging in and I know deep inside Zoe loves me as well!! Its just she is 8 yrs old..thinking she is going on 13!! LOL Glad to see you had a perfect Mothers day!!

Our little family ... said...

Isn't it wonderful :) I'm savoring every second with Ava...soon she won't be a baby anymore...before we know it our little girls will be 8 thinking they're going on 13. ;) (thanks for the heads up Tanya!) Glad your mother's day was magnificent...here's to many more wonderful mommy days to come!! :)