Allie and I did the Festival's Fun Run Race. It was right before Daddy's (and Aunt Stacy's) 5k race. Momma should have prepared more... I haven't run since before Brady came along... *8 months! So I didn't train- because I figured we would walk most of the mile... I WAS SO WRONG! I totally slowed this little girl down by my lack of training/ *being SO OUT OF SHAPE! lol... I struggled... she however would have run the whole thing I think. She did slow down to rest a couple times, but I had to ask her to slow down (for me) a couple times too. I was so impressed and proud of her! I promise to be ready to run the whole thing next year sweet little girl! :)
Before the race...
Uncle Jason had the camera.... not sure what he was up to... I was getting nervous because it was a few minutes to start time for our race and Allie was still getting her packet with Daddy in the long line. Thankfully they postponed the race ten minutes so everyone could get their packets and numbers pinned.
Here we go! :)
Water break! :) I was so glad I carried it along!
Back to running! :)
At the finish... I let her run ahead... partly because I was struggling... and mostly because I wanted it to be about her... letting HER enjoy the finish and the applause and the moment. :)
We did it! :) It was fun! :)) She had soooo much energy afterwards- and wanted to run everywhere that day... :) Runner's high? :) I think she loved it! :)
Posing with Daddy and her medal for finishing... she was so proud of herself and had to tell everyone we saw that day that "I won the fun run!" : )
This little boy stayed snuggly warm in his stroller and snoozed while we were crazy people.. :) Lol
I love that smile! :) Sooo proud and excited! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment