Preschool has been going right along here... we have been doing it twice a week and have focused on many different things... math, letters, bible verses, writing, science, social studies, etc. :)
Here are some of her journal stories.... *I do the black letters, she does the color ones. :) * She is getting much better at letter formation (still need practicing) and is getting better at spacing. She is also doing good at hearing/learning the sounds that I emphasize when we write and stretch the words we are writing. :)
We are working on learning about where we live. We started big and are working down. She knows her address and the town we live in, but I wanted her to learn that we live in the USA, and then Ohio. :) We are learning about things that are special about Ohio.
Our Mascot... winking :)
Some of the books we use for Science... she has been learning what makes things living and can tell me when I ask if something is living or non-living. :)
Since we talked about life cycles with butterflies, we also did frogs too. : )
And we are still learning how to count- we can go to 15 now.... and needs to slow down at 12 to get them right and think them through- but she is getting better. :) I also started introducing money and values. We are taking this slow since she is little and I want her to learn it well before we move on. She loves this little song and can sing it well. It is sung to "If you're H.appy & y.ou know it". :) Pretty catchy and a good way to remember value and who is on the penny. :) I did not create it- and do not remember where I found it to give credit.. but it is not my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment