collage banner

collage banner

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Boredom Buster

I love new, fun ideas! Which is why I'm loving p.i.nterest. :) I decided I won't pin anything unless I fully intend to do something with it. :)  I don't want to pin stuff just to pin it. I have tried out several of my pins and have liked most all of them. This one though was a big favorite- that I'll for sure do again. Not only was it a win with me, but it was a huge win with Miss Allie Roo. :)  I wanted to use some supplies that were not my good kitchen supplies... :) So we headed to the Do.l.l.ar T.r.ee . (I love that place!) Anyway- I found a muffin tin and a basting brush both for a dollar. Win! :) I had the shaving cream from another pin I had tried (that was cool too), and the food coloring from my spice cupboard that I don't use hardly ever. :)  
It turned into sooooo much fun! And the best part was while it looked so messy, it was sooo easy to clean up, and she was already in the tub, so we just used a little soap after playing and wal-la! She was clean in a snap too! :) I put everything in the hall closest to use again some other day. :) She's already asked to use it again! :) 
Supplies needed:  Each one (except food coloring) a dollar!
And can be used multiple times! So worth it!
Getting ready..... a couple drops of food coloring in the bottom of each tin. Then a big puff of shaving cream...
 Then mix it all together.....
 Show an excited little girl....
 Pretty pallet of colors... it was a fun science lesson too... if we mix red and blue- we get purple... and if we mix red and yellow, we get orange. :)
 Soooo excited! :)
 She used the basting brush, as well as her hands... but preferred the brush. :)



1 comment:

Auntie s said...

What a fantastic idea!!!