collage banner

collage banner

Sunday, October 10, 2010

"Miracle Sunday"

We went with Nana and Papa to their church today. This is the church where mommy grew up. 
A few months ago, there were people in the church when they realized that the roof was sagging. To make a long story short, they realized that the main beam is cracked and is beyond repair. A team was called in to brace the roof and it was decided that the building was unsafe to have services there. It was such a miracle that this was discovered when it was before there was any major disasters. People have been allowed in to remove belongings to have them stored, and actually there was a group of women in the night the tornado ripped through the area and destroyed a barn about 100 yards away from the church.  The women were safe and God was definately near them. They said that the sounds the building was making were unbelieveable. God has been working in unbelievable ways in this little church on the hill for 135 years, and isn't slowing down now. Even though the building has to come down, a new one will be built in its place.

 Today was the last worship service at the "old" church.  Since it is unsafe to enter, we had the service in a tent outside. It was  a BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! morning, a BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! service and an amazing time celebrating God's presence in our little church, this project, and how He's changed lives.  It was bittersweet.... memories were flooding through my mind as we sat and worshipped together! I was just small when mom and dad moved to the area. I was baptized when I was just little there. I went through children's church, later taught Sunday school, put on Christmas programs, went to Easter Sunrise services, egg hunts, walks to the Stable at Christmas, etc. I have very fond memories with lots of very special people. One thing that I love about small churches is how much it feels like a family. I went with mom and dad this morning and had Allie with me. I bet I received over 10 hugs before the service even started, and another 5-10 after! I love that!!!! 

Allie didn't understand why we weren't going inside the building. We tried to tell her that the church was "broken" and had a band aid. She kept repeating that all morning. :) So precious! :) 










After the service, everyone who was in attendance made a giant circle around the building, and had a prayer and song. It was so neat. I snuck away and snapped this picture. I thought it was such a neat idea!!!

After the meal and fellowship time, while people were cleaning up, I snapped a few pictures in front of the fall decorations with miss Allie! :) Can't resist a photo-op! :)



I was so glad Allie and I (daddy went to the browns game otherwise he would have come along too!) had the chance to go to this "Miracle Sunday" service! It was a special one. I know God is going to do some neat things with the raising of the money for the new church, and the building project.  
God is Good.... All the Time! All the time.... God is Good! :) 

No comments: