collage banner

collage banner

Saturday, February 20, 2010

A year and a half!



Allisynn is a year and a half already! Sounds so big! She's acting so big!!!! She has been babbling up a storm lately. You ask her a question and she'll either say yes, Uh-huh, no, or babble some random babble that isn't anything but a pretend answer. :) Silly! She loves to repeat words that we say and tries to mimic us all the time!

She has also been remembering the names of things more and more. It amazes us how smart this little girl is. :) It seems that you tell her once or twice and she's got it!! :) It is pretty fun to see what she remembers. She knows lots of food names- bananas, pizza, cherri0s, carrots, apple, waffles, eggs, juice, chicken, etc. :) It is pretty cute. I asked her the other day if she wanted waffles for breakfast. She said Yes. Then I asked her if she would rather have eggs. She said yes. I asked her which one... she said waffles!!! :) Pretty fun! We can tell what words she is saying most of the time. She has a hard time getting the beginning sounds of her words (pediatrician said this is normal), but gets the end very well. She has started to put two words together a lot too.

She LOVES to be read to! She is content to sit and look at books on her own, but she LOVES it when we read to her. She will listen to the same story over and over and over again. She has lots of favorites. I've noticed that she sits longer and listens to the longer stories she used to get bored with. :) She is very good at observing things in the pictures too. She knows many different things in the pictures and can tell us what they all are when we point to them. The funny thing right now is that she gets all embarrassed with Bert and Ernie. She will get all wiggly and turn her head/body as far away as she can until you turn the page. Sometimes when she is looking at the books on her own, she will just sit and stare at them. If you comment about them, or say their names, she does the same thing and gets all wiggly again. :) Funny! We were in a bookstore the other week and there was a stuffed Bert. I got it off the shelf to show it to her, and she about crawled out of her stroller trying to get away from him. She isn't scared of them- just embarrassed. It is hilarious! :)

She is working on her eye teeth. The top two have just barely poked through and she is one miserable little girlie. Hopefully they will all come in quick and she can go on being her happy little self soon!

She had her well baby visit. (Last one!) She had one shot and we thought for a little bit that she wasn't going to react at all. She cried, but not nearly as much as the other times. She also let the doctor check her ears with out fighting and did pretty well with her mouth check too. (Usually these are a all hands on deck- hold her down- brawl. The doctor said she is ahead developmentally and sounds like she is doing very good! She weighed 26 pounds and is 32.6 inches tall!!! :) She is in the 80th percentile for both! :)


Some funny things she's done lately...
*She was climbing the steps and I grabbed her and brought her back to the living room. She giggled the whole way and kept saying "gottcha!". I must say that a lot because that isn't one we intentionally taught her. :)

*I left the gate to the steps upstairs away from the steps one morning and didn't realize that I did. She was playing in the playroom while I was sitting right here checking email. All of a sudden, it was really quiet. I turned and she wasn't in the room. I got up and went looking for her, calling her name. I went to the kitchen and down the hall to the laundry, checked the bathroom, went back to the kitchen, into the dining room, and living room. Couldn't find her. Then I realized that the gate wasn't at the steps. I flew up the steps, my heart beating fast. I went into our bedroom- scanned it, went to the bathroom, down the hall to her room and the spare room. Calling her and starting to wonder how I could have missed her. I ran back downstairs- checked again- flew back upstairs- and there, in the BACK of our CLOSET, with a HUGE smile on her face, standing as still and as quiet as she could- stood our daughter.... staring at me- like this if fun mom... do it again! :) Ohhhh my! :)

*She likes to throw the food off of her highchair tray when she is done. She did one day (and of course she knows that Gracie is more than willing to eat it)... and we told her no. We also have to give her a long "hard" look because no is never enough. She did the same thing again- giving Gracie a second helping... she was told no and we stared at her. She looks at us, down at her tray, back at us, down at her tray, back at us, and then starts gently drumming her fingers on her tray as if to say, "Are you done yet?". All the while looking at us and then moving her eyes away. STINKER! (She did this for my mom one day and has done it on several more occasions to us.)

She keeps us on our toes. :) We love her to death!!! :) Still can't believe that she lives with us and is our daughter sometimes... It all seems surreal at times. God is so good!!!! And WE are SO blessed!!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Soooo cute, Danielle!! Glad that all of you are doing so well. I am soooo happy for you!! :-) Happy 1.5 Birthday Allisynn.