collage banner

collage banner

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"Worth The Wait"




There are so many emotions that go with Infertility and the whole Adoption process that we have been though over the last several years. Right now, I would say that we are right where God wants us, and loving every minute of it. I suppose we've always been right where God wanted us- but maybe not loving every minute of it- especially when we were wanting to be parents so badly. He always knew what He was doing and had us in the palms of His hands. Allie's bib sums up our whole story.... she was WORTH THE WAIT!

She has brought us so much joy it is hard to explain. She is so perfect for our little family, and God knew that! We are loving this stage of life right now. Sure, there are days when we are extra tired, and there is so much stuff to do that it feels overwhelming, but we're learning and figuring it out, and wouldn't change a thing! God has blessed us so much, and there are many times where I can't even express to Him just how grateful I really am. To see Allie smile and react to us melts my heart. She is such a happy little girl!!! It is so much fun to be her mommy! I love to see R being a daddy too! It is such a neat aspect of him that I'm also loving and am enjoying discovering the last five months. I am trying to savor every thing and remember that she isn't going to be this little for very long. I'm sure that this blog comes across most times as if we are posting about such little things and so much of it is normal stuff that every baby does... but to us, it is all new, and so exciting, and a way to journal and save every little experience that we are going through. It is one of the ways that I'm savoring being a mommy and the stage of life we are in right now. :)

Our journey wasn't always easy, in fact most times it was so incredibly hard, and we were relying on the Lord so much (which is why our faith was grown so much too- one thing I wouldn't change if I could!). But to see where He's brought us, and to know that it was all part of His beautiful plan, is a humbling thing! Allie was DEFIANTLY worth the wait! :) And I'm thankful that the Lord had us wait- because she's turned our worlds upside down, and it is so much fun!!! :) She fits in beautifully with our whole family and it is fun to watch her grow and change and explore.
"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalms 126:3"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so much fun "peeking" in on your world! It is so awesome how happy and contented you are relishing in parenthood... finally!!! We are so happy for all of you!!! When going through the pain and waiting that we both have, it is so amazing to watch how God fulfills our hearts desires! I can't believe she is already that old- you'll soon be celebrating her birthday/forever day! We will be having our 2nd forever day before we know it, too-I can hardly believe it!
LM