collage banner

collage banner

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Trial Run

Last week we had the sheer joy and privilege of watching our three month old nephew for a few days!!! It was so much fun! I thought of it as a challenge and trial run for someday when we have a baby around. It was interesting to see how Allie reacted to having to share the attention. She did REALLY well! :) She was a big helper! She didn't want to leave him out of her sight.  He was napping a couple times and I tried to get her to come to another room to play with me, but she would always sneak away and go to wherever he was to be near him! :) I was very proud of her! :) I was also kind of proud of myself for keeping up with everything and taking care of two kids. :) I think I was pretty tired, but it was so worth it, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! He was a fun little guy to have around for a few days. Daddy asked me on Sunday evening if I was nervous to have them both by myself during the day. I wasn't at all. It went very smoothly! Thanks for trusting us enough J and S to watch your sweet snuggle monkey. :)  As an extra bonus, I got the chance to try cloth diapering to see if I would like it. (My choice- she was going to leave me disposables and I asked for the cloth too. ) I got the full experience and I'm still not sure what I want to do. I kind of feel guilty for NOT cloth diapering because it saves so much $ and seems to be "easy" enough. I DID learn that I am a pocket diaper vs. a cover/prefold type person. I had myself convinced I could do either one, and after trying a cover and insert that you change just the insert, I had enough! :) Ha! I quickly went back to the pocket ones. I didn't have any trouble with them leaking or anything. I think the biggest thing is keeping them clean and knowing I'd need to wash them often.  In the same breath, disposables are SO easy- just use and toss! :)  Good thing I still have time to decide. :) 












2 comments:

Michael's Mommy said...

Thank you guys so much! I know Michael loved it too. =)It was wonderful to be able to enjoy our time together knowing that he was being so well taken care of!

On the Cloth diapering thing, if you think about it, its not actually that much more work (especially with pockets), take it off and toss in laundry pail instead of the trash. =) But you also know Im a little crazy ;-)

Stephanie said...

Such cuteness always on your blog! LOVE it! If you ever want to talk cloth diapering, let me know...I eased in slowly...and I'm REALLY moderate about it...so I'd be happy to share what works for us-although what everyone says is true that you have to find what works for you. (Basically, I'm a cloth diapering wuss...ahahha). :) :) :) :)