So- we apparently have exceeded our maximum space for pictures on here again... I keep running into that problem. I'm not really feeling motivated to go through the whole process I usually do today- so words will have to do until tomorrow when I play around with it to get the blog back to normal again. :)
Anyways- things are pretty low key around here for the last few weeks. We are working through some fun Trying Three Tantrums and Fits and battles of patience and wills. :) But we are trying to stay consistant and keep on top of things so they don't get out of hand when she gets older. She is learning. And we are proud of the growing she is doing with those fits and tanrums. It is nice to see some progress! :)
We have updated our homestudy. They are only good for two years. The last time we updated it we were just getting ready to start searching for baby number 2. I think we both thought we'd be questioning if we'd need to update it this time. But since there is no baby yet- we of course did. :) If we let it expire- and decide to adopt later- we'd have to go through the whole big process again. (Tons and tons of paperwork and background checks and fire inspections and doctors appointments for us and Gracie and endless copies of documents from marriage licenses to tax forms to drivers licenses to birth certificates and on and on and on.) It is much easier to just renew- pay a couple hundred dollars, have a social worker come and ask a few questions- look through the house for a safety audit (checking to make sure cleaning supplies are put up, there is a working fire extinquisher in the house etc) and this time we all had to have physicals. Usually they don't require it- but this social worker did...so we needed to. It was easy. :) Painless! :) And done!
We also redid our book that the birthmoms see when they are considering us. The other one I had done about the same time as our last home study- so two years ago. I decided to try to do it all online this time- and have them printed. They came and turned out really good. I was pleased! :) So- we mailed those today- and hopefully the agency gets them soon. They look a lot more professional (with the personal touch we wanted) and included TONS more pictures of our family than the old one I did. :) yay! :) Hopefully they help touch a birthmom's heart and we get a placement. All in God's beautiful time! :)
We've had twelve different situations where we've been considered. God is working- we know that. He has a plan- we know that as well. We are confident that His timing is perfect. It is kind of fun to wonder what He is going to do. How and when He will bless our family with another precious baby- and what the whole thing will look like. :) Allie is ready to be a big sister. She asks about her baby and when it will come. She asked today if Jesus has her baby in heaven right now. Kind of cool. I said yes- He's just not ready for us to have it yet- we have to keep waiting until the baby is ready- and until Jesus gives us the baby. It is such a lesson in faith and trust and patience for HER as much as it is for US. We keep praying for the baby to come... and she prays too. It is neat because her prayers are Thanking Jesus for bringing her baby soon. She is confident. :) I think she is teaching me- because my prayers are praying that He would bring the baby soon-(along with praying for the birthmom and the baby wherever they are.) I thank Him for how he is working and what he is teaching us and how he is growing us- but I don't word it the way she does. I like her way better. :)
Allie is still working on preschool stuff. :) We don't do it everyday- but we try to do it a couple times a week. She continues to amaze me/us! She is working on writing her name. We decided to just work on Allie first- and build her confidence with the small part- and then work on Allisynn. The s and y and n's are still hard. She is just getting her straight lines under some control. The name is still rough- but she is working on it and doing better each time. :) We've also been working on more letters and numbers and rhyming!!! :) She has caught on to that really good! :) Her memory is AMAZING! :) She is really good at matching things that go together (ipad game- free- awesome!) She is also great with her colors and her shapes. She is also really good at counting and pointing to what it is she is counting. She does good to about 11 and then gets mixed up. :) It usually goes 11, 12, 14,14, eleventeen, eighteen, ..... :) ha! :) Love her!
Her favorite fun things are to play with water in the sink- and all sorts of containers and spoons (and lately ice cubes!) and to jump on her trampoline, and play dress up. She also loves to cook for us in her Cafe- and play Boutique- where we put her dress up stuff out and her necklaces and shoes and she comes and buys things. :) She loves Str@wb3rry Sh0rtc@k3 and J@ke and the N3verl@nd P!rat3s, and M!ck3y M0us3. :)
Think that's about all we are up to.... :) If you've stuck with this post.... kudos to you! :) Sorry there aren't any pictures this time... I'll work on that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment