collage banner

collage banner

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Closing a Chapter....Starting a new one!

It doesn't really feel real yet.  Today was my last day with students. Nothing really unusual about that- I've done it ten years total.... last day of schools have come and gone.   This year is different because it is a closing of a chapter. I am excited to stay home next year and be a stay at home mommy!!!!! I have loved teaching, and it has been very rewarding.  I am also ready to just love on my little munchkin and be a full time mommy. I feel that my jobs are all only half done and I can't ever keep up with everything the way I should be. I do my best- and I have an amazing family that has helped watch Allisynn over the last two years. My hubby is always pitching in- doing laundry, dishes, etc to help out! Even when I he isn't asked. He is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!!!!!!!!   I told him that I'm so excited to be able to just focus on us and our little family and relieve him of that extra work that he pitches in and does.  
The plan is for a year off at home with sweet Allisynn- maybe more.   


 Today was fun, and pretty memorial because we played a staff vs. sixth grade softball game. We do this every year too.  The difference this year was that we played in the mud. SO.MUCH.FUN!!!!!!!!!   There were about three of us staffers who had good shoes on and didn't think we'd play today, but they ended up choosing to play the game anyway.  Instead of ruin our shoes, we decided to play barefoot. Maybe not the smartest choice, but it worked well for us.  The outfield had standing water and mud puddles. Toward the end of the game it was just fun to find one and stand in it. :) Ha! :)  We weren't REALLY muddy but our feet were covered. ;)  
 I'm going to miss these friends who are almost like family! I got all teary while we were playing because it was such a great group of people and we were having so much fun. :) We make a great team!!!! :)
And for the new chapter..... I'm so excited to see what God's going to do!  It hasn't hit me yet that I just have one more work day at school and then I am done! I don't know when it will hit- when I'm eating lunch- surrounded for the last time by all of my friends, or when I turn in my keys, or when I'm driving away.... I'm sure I'll cry- I always do. But I'm also SO SO SO SO incredibly excited and know that I won't regret this choice that we've made EVER!!!!!!! :)   :) I'm SO blessed!!!!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I am so excited for you, totally hear you on things only getting halfway done! I am counting down the weeks till I can join you and Angie!!! (16 and counting!) =)