This beautiful tree added such character to our home. I loved how it looked- and how it shaded the front of the house... but... it was time for the beast to come down! We had already fixed the buckling sidewalk once- chopping out the pesky roots that were causing the problem, and it is starting to buckle again... and we fear that the foundation of the house is in danger with a tree that big- that close to the house... and anytime we get a big storm, I fear it falling on the house. We have talked about having people come and give us estimates, and just have never taken that step. We mentioned something to our awesome neighbor and he must've said something to the guy down the street who used to cut down trees... even though he doesn't remember... Anyway... :)
On Sunday- out of the blue, someone knocked on the door and said they heard we wanted the tree down. Offered us an AMAZING deal and wall-ah! The next day they were here and cutting it down!
They did a nice job.
We weren't around to watch- but that is probably just as well- as I'm sure I would have been a nervous wreck being IN the house while they were cutting- or being OUT watching them! :) Ha!
We moved the wood to the side of the house last night and have it ready to cut into smaller pieces for firewood. :) yay! Another thing to cross off of the list... and it opens possibilities for us to "re-characterize" our house... :) Yay! :)
Before-
This tree was HUGE!!!!!!
After- Looks REALLY BARE!!!!! :(
Guess these should go in the middle... they are from when we were moving the wood pieces... :)






3 comments:
It looks so different! Very nice, really made the house look brighter :)
I agree. The place looks brand new!!
Thanks girls! :) it is taking me awhile to get used to it. I thought the tree added so much charm/character to the house. I miss it... but it needed to come down. It is interesting to see people's reactions and hear what they think. :) The general consensus is that it looks so much better.
Post a Comment