I took 4-H sewing when I was younger. I remember the basics. :) I enjoy every once in a while pulling out my machine and making something fun. I made Allisynn a raggy blanket when we were waiting for her- as well as a couple burp cloths and other blankets.
I decided that I needed to make a blanket and some burp cloths for this baby that we are waiting on too. :) I had a ton of old jeans that I've been saving for a crafty project. (Plus it helped when Daddy lost tons of weight... :)) I sat one day in the fall and cut out all the squares and pinned them together. I marked the way I wanted the rows to go and had it ready to sew. This winter I finally got it back out and sewed it all together. It didn't take long- once I sat down and did it. I haven't washed it to make it raggy yet, and I haven't put a back on. I decided to wait and see if we are getting a girl or a boy- and do a pink or blue on the back. :)
Then......... I got REALLLLLLLY crafty and decided to make a Mommy and Me kit for Allie. I wanted her to have some of the same things I do to take care of her baby while I'm taking care of her brother or sister. Her baby doll only had one diaper, and the newborn disposables don't fit well at all- so I decided to try and make her some doll diapers. :) I was going to do basic ones- but got brave and ended up making some pocket like cloth ones- (like I am going to use). I made them colorful like mine will be, and went to town with them. :) The first one is really rough- but I didn't have much to go with- and it was a big trial to see if it would work. It took forever, but the second one went much faster. We'll see how a few more go... it has been a couple weeks... but I have more thread to make some more now. :)
I had a bag of scrap material and decided to make her a sleeping bag and pillow. (just for fun)
Some cloth wipes... :)
A changing mat to lay her baby on when she is changing her diapers. :)
It folds together and Velcros closed to put in her diaper bag. :)
And some burp cloths. :)
And a good swaddle blanket. :)
I think she's pretty well set to be a mini mommy! :) Now we just need her brother or sister to come! :)
2 comments:
Awesome job Danielle! Maybe you are "nesting" and this baby is going to be here soon!!! We can keep on praying!! Love you!
Thanks girlie! :) That means a lot! :) I hope so too! I am running out of things to nest! :)
Thanks for the prayers! :) Hope you are all well! :)
Post a Comment