collage banner

collage banner

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Eight Months Old Already?







Today Allie turns 8 months old! So amazing!
She's doing all kinds of fun things now! Take a look....


She's pulling herself up on everything- even a wall with out any hand holds. She doesn't always remember or realize that she needs to hold on to something to stay standing. She'll sometimes stand for a few seconds before falling to her bum. ;) She tries to stand on her own sometimes too!

She's eating some stage two foods! She gets cereal and a fruit for breakfast, two veggies for lunch or dinner, and a large fruit for the other meal. In addition, she still drinks about five bottles a day- seven ounces each give or take a couple ounces.

She's crawling from room to room. She likes to be chased. :)

She makes an "eeh... ehhh" noise and likes for you to do it back to her. She'll then do it again. Like our own little conversation happens... :)

LOVES to splash and kick during her baths. Usually we are soaked as well as the counter, windows and surrounding areas. :)

Stands up in her crib and chews on the railing.

Tries to scale the walls of her pack and play- trying to figure out how to escape... :) one of these days I wouldnt' be surprised if she figures it out.... she's a monkey! :)

She's officially in her next car seat!!! She loves it! Such a big girl!

She's sleeping through the night again.... (thank you baby whisperer book number 2 for the advice!) She goes to bed around eight and sleeps till almost seven!

She doesn't like the puffed rice cereal bites and the yogart bites she's allowed to have.
She shakes her head no when she doesn't want something... including the above treats and her food.

We think she's started teething... there are two bumps and white dots on her bottom gumline.

She walks around in her walker.
Sometimes she'll blow kisses.

Plays with her toys on her own for a while. :)

Loves to go for rides in her stroller... it is relaxing for her and she'll often fall asleep.

She likes to crawl after Gracie and pet and play with her.

She LOVES her monkey! She adopted this as her favorite toy!

She gets mad when you take her away from something she shouldn't have.
She loves it when people clap- especially for her. She's started trying to make her claps noisy. She'll try to clap real hard to make the noise... :)
She hasn't started making strange with people, but she gets kind of strange with new places... she gets real quiet and shy for a while until she warms up to the place. Sometimes she'll bury her head in my shoulders and cuddle up to me more. She still lets "strange" (to her) people hold her though.
She fusses when either daddy or I leave the room when we are home in the evening. When one of us comes back in she gets all happy that we are all together again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh will she (and you guys) love the pool this summer! =)
K

Our little family ... said...

Ooh, talk to me about the tricks to get her to sleep through the night!! Ava is struggling in that department...ugh.

I can't believe how much hair lil miss Allie has!! She looks like a total bundle of fun:) So amazing how quick they grow...I didn't realize it as much until I had my own!:) Sounds like it won't be long at all and your little girl will be walking!!

Tanya said...

I have a soon to be 8 yr old and I think Allie won the sleeping all night. Zoe will get up 5 times a night UGH!!!! I am not sure what is going on. I have tried taking away foods that I think is causing her to get up and still nothing I have found yet that works!!
Allie is adorable and wow she does have alot of hair!!!